The Classic Casual Outfit - Blue Denim and White Tee

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Dotti Cropped skinny denim


Dotti Cropped skinny denim and boohoo tassel backpack
Dotti Cropped skinny denim and boohoo tassel backpack
Kenneth Cole white sneakers
Kenneth Cole white sneakers
Dotti Cropped skinny denim
Kenneth Cole white sneakers

 If you've been following us for a while, this particular look might come as a surprise. Unlike most people, I have never been a jeans person and you'll only ever spot in a pair on the rarest of occasions. That's not to say that I don't admire a great pair of skinny jeans on genetically blessed girls. On myself however, its a different story.

The only occasion where I briefly stepped into a jeans phase was when the boyfriend silhouette became all the rage last year. I recall practically living in my comfortable pair but never quite got around to doing a look for the blog. My hesitation may have come from the fact that I never quite found the same comfort in jeans that many others do.

You'd be happy to know that a year later, I'm a changed woman,, thanks to the above seen pair of jeans. They are flattering, skinny and cropped so to avoid the awkward bunching at the ankles and I'm very much obsessed. I went the simple route with this outfit, pairing it with my white Kenneth Cole sneakers and a black tasseled bag from Boohoo. The backpack and sneakers together evoke a very 'back to school' image so I decided to add assorted pieces of delicate jewelry ranging from pieces I've found at the Glebe markets, Prouds and Asos.

Think of this look as me finally relinquishing control and embracing the 'classic white tee and blue jeans' combination. There really is something striking about the simplicity of it, isn't there?

You Might Also Like

0 comments