Make a Statement in Asymmetrical Hem

Sunday, November 11, 2018




Top - Zara
Pants - Forcast
Earrings - Zaful
Shoes - ASOS
Inspiration - Jacquemus Spring 2018 Ready to Wear

Over the years, I have carefully filled my wardrobe with a select number of asymmetrical pieces – skirts, shirts and dresses. After countless wears, mixing and matching, these pieces of clothing have become trusted friends, best reserved for days when I want maximum impact on minimal effort. The reason I turn to them so frequently is because they have a way of making me look put together even though I feel the opposite.

Not only does an asymmetrical hem add a sharp touch to your outfit but it’s also flattering for the days you don’t want every lump and bump to be highlighted. Now, I know that sometimes a tangle of ruffles or a high-low cut can look like a hot mess on the hanger, a mess you’d rather not have hanging off your body. But I find this tends to be an easier cut to wear than most others. The reason is three-fold: it has the peak-a-boo appeal of a little skin show, in tops and shirts it can make you look slimmer and with all that going on you don’t need to worry about accessories.

I also find that asymmetrical hemlines transition well between work wear and occasion wear; pair it with a work trouser or a flirty skirt and it’s great either way.

So, my proposition is this: give the asymmetrical cut it’s due. Elevate that blouse or skirt or dress you have to the same standard as a trusty white linen shirt, a cute denim mini or a comfortable pair of boyfriend jeans. I say this, because I’m certain it won’t let you down.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Totally in love with your top! A statement piece indeed!! <3 xxx Thank you for your comment on my blog, appreciate the support so much! I try to return the love and support as much as I can! Hope you two have a lovely day and I'm totally loving your blog!!

    The Faceless Style

    ReplyDelete