9 Easy to style outfits for hot summer days

Sunday, March 08, 2020




When I think of summer weather, it's either: hot, sticky and humid days or dry, sunny Aussie weather with plenty of wind. Depending on heat levels, there are times I'm simply too lethargic to put a lot of thought into what I'm going to wear when stepping out.

They key though is to be smart about what you use to fill your wardrobe. Choose cleverly enough and you'll be able to dress comfortably, look trendy, and be out of the door in five minutes.

Here are some of our suggestions:



Dress - ASOS
Bracelet - From markets in Barcelona, Spain

A long summer maxi dress is a must and perfect for the weekends filled with barbecues or soirees. At these events where a pant or a skirt would require some loosening to do after eating too much, opting for a maxi dress that doesn't reveal your food baby is the perfect option. Dress it up with some complimentary jewellery and you're good to go. I paired this cream and brown dress with a matching thick wooden brown bracelet I picked up during my Spanish travels some years ago. Talk about things that never go out of style!


Dress - Zara
Earings - Lovisa
Shoes - Birkenstock

As I said earlier, maxi dresses are perfect for those very busy weekends and apart from having a flowy, girly one, I like having one with a more playful or contemporary print as well. This one is perfect for days when I'm feeling more playful instead of being simple. I paired it up with my comfy Birkenstocks and my 'A' letter statement earrings.



Earrings - Lovisa
Jumpsuit - Atmos and Here (ICONIC)
Shoes - ASOS

Just like maxi dresses, jumpsuits are also the perfect go-to option for lazy days with the added benefit of being very dressy or casual. The big chunky earrings dress this jumpsuit up and all I have to do is switch my black flats to heels to take this outfit perfect for a night event. This versatility of jumpsuits also makes it perfect for when you have an event after work.



Earrings - Lovisa
Jumpsuit - Dorothy Perkins (The Iconic)
Shoes - Ninewest

Another jumpsuit for another day but this time in a bold colour and letting it do all the talking!




Denim Pinafore Dress - Cotton On
Top - Bershka (ASOS)
Sunglasses - Oscar Wylee

Overalls are extremely trendy right now and make me feel playful and happy. I love the classic red plaid with denim but it feels too lumberjack-y for me to be able to pull it off with pants so I decided to do a more feminine take on it with overalls, sunnies and little booties.


Corduroy Pinafore Dress - JDY (Jaqueline de Yong)
Top - Glamorous
Sunglasses - Oscar Wylee
Sandals - SPURR

Another overall combination but this time I chose to go the colour blocking route and with bright silver sandals to give it a cheery vibe.




Top - Topshop (Iconic)
Jeans - Glassons
Shoes - Birkenstock

Jeans are a must in any wardrobe,  but instead of going for skinny jeans, opt for something more experimental like mom jeans, boyfriend jeans or like me here, straight-legged jeans. Find a loose unstructured T-shirt to keep things edgy and instead of pairing with strappy sandals, go for Birkenstocks or anything that is chunkier. The whole look feels like some thought has been put into it due to them not being standard silhouettes yet its a very casual look. I added some red lipstick for a pop of colour.






Dress - Oasis Fashion (ASOS)
Shoes - ASOS

Florals for summer? Not ground breaking I know but they are incredibly versatile. I like opting for prints like this one for day events like bridal showers, formal lunches, etc. You can pair them with minimalistic sandals and instead of going for thin straps, my go-to has been these clear plastic heels with a thick heel for comfort.




Dress - Zara
Jacket - Zara

I don't know about other countries but sometimes summer evenings in Sydney can get unexpectedly chilly due to high winds. It's rare but it does happen and for those nights I love to keep a jacket on hand to layer it with a satin cami dress. It keeps things stylish but comfy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments