Brighten up your winter closet

Sunday, August 05, 2018





Dress - ASOS
Earrings - Lovisa

When you think winter, you think black coats, brown jumpers, and grey scarfs. The shades on the safer side of the colour wheel seem well-suited to the glum weather outside. If you’re a lover of colour, then you may step out into burgundy or forest green territory. But why not take a step further and truly brighten up your winter blues?

Something about wearing a bright yellow or fire-engine red dress that instantly adds a spring into your step – even in 10 degrees. Word has it that colours are linked to emotions and it’s natural for moods to change depending on the shades you surround yourself with.

This winter, instead of picking the same old browns and beiges, I opted for a pop of colour to beat the short and dreary days. Bonus point – while most people on the streets, or in the office, will be wearing dark clothes, you will instantly stand out (in a good way!).

If this if your first time experimenting with catchy colours, I recommend a slow start. Think bright scarves, bags or heels for your first foray. And if you dare, you can really never go wrong with a coloured coat.

Personally, a fool-proof option is the comfy sweater dress. A baggy knit mini is casual, relaxed and the perfect canvas for bright colours. It’s always easier to experiment in more casual outfits than formal wear and work wear which is traditionally black.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh yes! I couldn't agree more dear. I think that is one reason why the whole pastel thing in winter has really sky rocketed. I feel that people are become sick of the dark, gloomy weather and are just wanting even a sliver of the sun or warmth. Thus, they bring that forth in their outfit. Red definitely screams winter to me along with forest green and light blues, but I like this sweater because you get a bit of everything. I also feel like purple is a great colour for the winter because it can be both light and dark and is a great transition piece into spring! xx

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely sweater and beautiful pictures!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love your sweater! You are so right, winter seems already dull with a cloudy sky and damp weather to make it even worse by only wearing monotonous clothing.

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  4. This striped sweater dress is so chic. I love it!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pastels and bright colours like red and they make up a big part of my wardrobe, so there’s no way I’m going to shy away from them just because the weather is cold. I know a lot of people go for darker shades and stick to black and navy, but if anything I need more of a mood pick-me-up in winter so I love reaching for pastels and things that remind me that spring will eventually be coming, haha.

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Wearing brighter colours instantly lifts my mood :-) Keep posting this wonderful content!

    https://sundayswithjamie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete