The Perfect Gift for a Person That Has All

Monday, July 24, 2017




I tend to fall in love with cities and though I have a vivid imagination and an elephant’s memory, sometimes we need some physical reminders to take us back to those magical places.

We talked earlier about picking up perfumes as mementos of places you’ve visited but the same can be said of art. Filling your home with pieces you’ve purchased on your holidays, photographs you’ve taken yourself or things that remind you of your favourite cities are a great way of personalising your space that much more.

While purchasing a generic floral art is great for the Instagram shot, does it really mean anything?
On our trip to Prague, we picked up a gorgeous print of the city glistening under the night sky to remind us of all our long walks taken through the city’s winding streets.

A few years prior to that, we brought back a picturesque painting of Florence to hang on our walls and remember Italy’s warmth and beauty.

Most recently, we customised our own wall art of Amsterdam from a site called Modern Map Art, a city that instantly won over our hearts.

All three of these are not only great reminders of all our adventures but also brilliant conversation starters for anyone you’re giving a house tour to!

Even if you haven’t yet travelled to a lot of places due to a lack of time or even interest, having interesting wall art of places, people and things that you hope to see one day can be a great way to fill a home.

As evident in the above pictures, we hung our Amsterdam poster in a large frame in our study. Filled with globes, plants and our favourite books, this is fast becoming one of our favourite little corners and the addition of this poster makes me want to spin the globe and go to the first place I land my finger on.

But that’ll have to wait. In the interim, watch this space in the coming months for a lowdown on our European holiday!

Modern Map Art were kind enough to gift us this beautiful poster and we have written this piece in collaboration with them. They not only do posters but also cushions, iPhone cases and much more! If you’d like to explore their beautiful designs be sure to visit: https://www.modernmapart.com/


Links à la Mode, July 27th

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. This is beautiful! gros bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I'd love one of these in a New York print around the neighborhood where my grandmother lives.

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooOO that sounds lovely ! You should subtly let your grandmother know ;) Or better yet, gift her one!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of bringing home paintings you've collected on travels and framing them. Would definitely remind me of my trip and would be such a great conversation starter during a house tour. Wish I thought of this when I was travelling Europe this year!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely print! It would make a perfect gift for anyone, literally :)

    xo Tina
    IG: @tinasweetheart
    www.tinasweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am constantly on the search for gift ideas! This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely idea! I like the design of it xx

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely idea! Cool painting!
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! It is an instant reminder of where you have been and I believe that looking at the art will take you back in time and bring back amazing memories. Thanks for sharing. I would love to hear your thoughts on my last post please. Have a lovely weekend. Cris
    www.photosbycris.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Amsterdam, so would definitely get a poster like this! It looks really nice xx

    Naya // www.partyparrotblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and photos really liked, Dear ❤️
    I'd be happy friendship blogs ♥️ Subscribe to your Google
    Julia Shkvo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a wonderful idea and always connected with beautiful memories. Love the idea. I Have to start with them too.

    Have a wonderful day my dear.

    xx, Andrea - Strawberries 'n' Champagne
    www.strawberriesnchampagne.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always thought that having a wall full of maps of places I've been would be so fun! I love the colours in the map you chose too.

    🍉 Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of bringing perfumes or prints back from your travels, as these ideas really take you back to your travel experiences. I'd love to go to Amsterdam too, especially to see the Keukenhoff tulip gardens.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete